From:
[log in to unmask] (Manuel Santos Redondo)
Date:

Paul Valery, the French poet, wrote a review of the third edition of
Walras _Elements d'economie politique pure_, in _Revue generale du
droit, de la legislation et de la jurisprudence_, Vol. XI-XII (november-
december), 1896, pp. 574-576. The poet was 25 years old. He praises
Walras' use of mathematics in Economics, and also mentions Cournot,
Gossen and Jevons. It seems to me that Valery doesn't fully understand
Walras Economics, but it is clear that he has read the book and he is
interested in the theme. Valery also wrote about scientific topics, and
later he would study mathematics; but that's all I know. Can anybody
provide me with any reference about the relationship of Paul Valery
with both Walras and Economics?

Manuel Santos