From:
[log in to unmask] (Forstater, Mathew)
Date:

Responding to Mike Robison:

I would think George is not all that missing from the syllabus. Heilbroner
and Rima, just to mention two off the top of the head that I'm sure about,
include him. He's also been embraced by some Austrians, so that's another
point of entry.  People like William Morris and Ruskin have also received
increased attention, and there is the one ch. in Worldly Philosophers where
they either appear or would fit into the discussion.  Anarchism (as opposed
to libertarianism) is a different story, however. I have always thought
that anarchist political economy has deserved more attention, not just in a
hot course, but in the journals, at conferences, etc.  Aristotle, Aquinas,
St. Augustine, Locke have always been part of Heilbroner's course, and most
are included in his reader.  What we need is entire depts and majors just
in the HET, then we could start to cover all that deserves attention!  How
many courses include Du Bois, who Thomas Boston points out studied with
major figures of the German Historical School, was a professor of economics
for many years, and published many works that should be considered
economics?

Mat Forstater