From:
[log in to unmask] (Robin Foliet Neill)
Date:
This sentence says either:
[A]
(1) At times I come across evidence that the policy that I have promoted is
a bad policy. (2) I always promote the policy that best conforms to all the
evidence I have. (3) If the new evidence indicates that I should be
promoting a different policy, then that is what I do.  What do you do?"

[B]
(1) At times I come across evidence that an hypothesis that I am
entertaining does not have empirical support. (2) I cease entertaining an
hypothesis that has been negated by empirical evidence. (3) If I cannot
adjust the negated hypothesis so that it is no longer negated by the new
evidence, that is if I can find another hypothesis that better accounts for
the new and well as old evidence, I will cease entertaining the old
hypothesis.  What do you do?

Robin Neill