AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Robin Keirstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:05:55 -0500
The following message is posted on behalf of Cheryl Woods, Map Curator,
The University of Western Ontario.

Hello,

I'm writing to ask if you would please send a list of your original fire
insurance plans by Goad or Underwriter's Survey Bureau dated between
1876-1973 so that we may include that information in a reference source
we are writing that locates 115 institutions (so far) across Canada that
have fire insurance plans in their collection and are publicly
accessible. We had great success and cooperation for our previous
publication in 1995 entitled "Canadian Fire Insurance Plans in Ontario
Collections, 1876-1973".

Myself and Lorraine Dubreuil (McGill) are working on this catalogue for
the Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives and to date is
400 pages in length. I would be grateful for your cooperation so that we
may make this reference as complete as possible. All I need is the name
of the plan, date, number of sheets.
Electronic list or paper copy - whichever is easiest for you. To date,
most of the plans we have located are in map collections, museums,
archives and public libraries. For any of you who have already sent us
your information, thank you and please ignore this message. If you have
any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you,

Cheryl Woods
Map Curator, SSC 1051
University of Western Ontario
London, Canada  N6A 5C2