From:
[log in to unmask] (Stephen Cullenberg)
Date:

A colleague of mine sent me the following query.  Can anyone help?

"I was wondering when the concepts of demand and supply curves (in
the partial equilibrium framework) appeared in economics. The clearest
and the most beautiful classical exposition of the concepts, that I know
of, is Marshall. However, I find it improbable that the concepts
appeared as late as Marshall. I just checked Schumpeter and Blaug, but
they do not seem to discuss this explicitly. I was wondering whether
you might know the answer to my question or you might be able to
indicate some source where I could look for the answer."

Stephen Cullenberg
University of California--Riverside