Date:

Dear Colleagues,

The Vancouver HES Conference mailing regarding registration and
accommodations has recently gone in the mail to HES members.  If you
are not a member of HES and have not submitted a proposal, but
would like to attend the conference, please send me your mailing
address.  I will send you the conference information.

This year, registration and accommodations can be arranged
electronically, if you prefer.  The registration instructions
accompanying the materials in the mail instruct you to visit the HES
website, from which you can link through to the UBC website.

Note that registration and event fees are all priced in Canadian
dollars.

Finally, for those still intending to submit a proposal for a paper
or a session, note that the deadline for proposals is February 15,
2000.  Proposals may be registered at the HES website:

   http://www.eh.net/HisEcSoc/Conferences/2000.shtml

or sent directly to me:

  Department of Economics
  PO 1881
  Marquette University
  Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881 USA

  fax: 414-288-5757

I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver.

John Davis, President-Elect, History of Economics Society