AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Brian Masschaele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:42:21 -0400
Colleagues:

Those of you interested in municipal archives and municipal records should
be aware that the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers
of Ontario (AMCTO) has just released two new publications pertaining to
records management:  Ontario Municipal Records Management Manual
(non-member price $90.00) and the Records Retention Guideline (non-member
price, $175.00, comes with diskettes).  15% discount if you order both.
These publications are products of the AMCTO's Records Management Taskforce
which was struck to deal with, among other things, merging records
management systems during restructuring.  I have my order in for both of
these publications.  I'd welcome comments on them posted to the list.  They
may set the groundwork for the AAO to work in formal partnership with the
AMCTO towards developing archival programs.  (As a side note, and for those
of you who deal with LACAC's, I also see on their order form that there is
a new publication entitled "Designating Property Under Part IV of the
Ontario Heritage Act).  An order form can be obtained by e-mailing
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  It's a beautiful day here in London by the way.
Hope all can say the same.

Brian Masschaele
AAO Archives Advisor
395 Wellington Road, P.O. Box 25172
London ON  N6C 6A9
Phone:  519-858-0787  Fax:  519-858-0682
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]  Web:  http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/groups/aao