AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Julia Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:54:55 -0500
**apologies fro cross-posting**
**sent on behalf of a non-subscriber**

The Faculty of Information Alumni Association Job Shadowing Committee
would like to invite you to participate in the 2019 Job Shadowing program.

How Does it Work?
The program itself runs from February to August each year. The first
step is to sign up to become a host by completing the form available
here: https://ischool.utoronto.ca/alumni/job-shadowing/

Then, in February, students will attend an orientation session and be
matched with you based on their interests and goals. Students will then
reach out to you directly to arrange a date and time that is suitable
for you both to meet.

Why Job Shadowing?
Becoming a job shadowing host allows you to meet with emerging
professionals in the fields of information from our Faculty of
Information. Previous hosts have found great value in sharing knowledge
and providing learning opportunities to our students. Here is some of
what they have had to say:

“As a special and quite unique library, we are always happy to get the
word out about what we do here. It's also very helpful for students to
see what actual library work is like so they can best decide what stream
they want to go into, and to be better prepared for eventual employment.”

“By being a Job Shadowing Host, you are able to meet with a couple of
new students in the field who might come with fresh eyes and questions
to your team's perspective and outlook on your
research/knowledge/information, etc. role within your firm. It is always
interesting to hear other perspectives and questions.”

“It is an excellent way to (re)connect with LIS students, learn about
what they are learning in library school and what trends they see
emerging. Such contacts can be useful when recruiting.”

Next Steps
We invite you to complete the registration form here:
https://ischool.utoronto.ca/alumni/job-shadowing/

Following that, you will receive a confirmation message from a Faculty
of Information or Faculty of Information Alumni Association representative.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact

Thank you,
FIAA Job Shadowing Committee