AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Kent Haworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 15:35:03 -0500
When I attended the CCA General Assembly last weekend, I learned that
Manitoba has MAIN, and Saskatchewan has SAIN.  Just to get you
thinking....

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Alex Thomson wrote:

> Please excuse any cross-posting.
>

> NAME THE UNION LIST CONTEST!
>
> The Archives Union List of Ontario needs a catchy and
> memorable handle and everyone is invited to submit their
> suggestion for a name. Currently, lists in other provinces
> go by the various names of ArchWay (Nova Scotia), Archives
> Network of Alberta (ANA), and British Columbia Archives
> Union List (BCAUL).
>
> The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Rules for
> Archival Description, a nifty t-shirt and the privilege of
> having their institution place the first record in the AULO
> database (archives in Ontario only).  Enter as many times as
> you like.  Please submit entries in writing, by November 30,
> 1998 to:
>
> Name The Union List Contest,
> Archives Association of Ontario
> P.O. Box 46009, 444 Yonge Street
> College Park Post Office
> Toronto, ON M5B 2L8
> or you may email your entry to me directly:
>
> See our website at
> http://granite.sentex.net/~ritchpat/aulo000.html for more
> information about the AULO project.
>

> (Ms.) Alex Thomson
> Archivist
> United Church of Canada/Victoria University Archives
> 73 Queen's Park Crescent
> Toronto, Ontario
> M5S 1K7
> Tel. (416)585-4563
> Fax: (416)585-4584
> http://vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/archives.htm

Kent M. Haworth                                    (416) 736-5442
University Archivist                         fax:  (416) 650-8039
& Head, Special Collections
ASC home page: http://www.library.yorku.ca/depts/asc/archives.htm

"The very circumstance that archival documents were created for legal or
administrative purposes and not cultural purposes gives them a special
cultural value."  Elio Lodolini, 1989