AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 12:02:57 -0400
Fellow Archivists…

It is good to see that colleagues are indeed thinking about the considerations
involved in moving the AAO Office.  I would like to put forward another idea
and another consideration.  What are the possibilities of having the AAO Office
combine space with a sister heritage/cultural group such as OGS or OHS?   I know
this has been considered in the past but has it been done recently?

A significant advantage in my mind is that it would reduce the likelihood of
problems that might arise when an advocacy association such as the AAO might
feel constrained in its autonomy by virtue of being beholden to an archival
institution that could conceivably have different priorities or sensibilities,
or the archival institution itself be placed in an awkward situation by its own
sponsor.

Regards,
Suzanne Dubeau