AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
AAO AIBN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:04:42 -0500
Hi Folks

The deadline for submissions for the next issue of Off the Record has been
extended to December 6 - a week this Friday - to arrive at your door
December 23 - and AAO members need to hear from YOU!

****Please make every effort to get your submission in by the deadline. We
plan to have this issue distributed by the Christmas featuring Michele
Dale's (up and coming Archival song writer) "The Twelve TAAG's of Christmas"
.****

Upon the receipt of  Frank van Kalmthout's email telling us of Sandra
Guillaume's retirement I felt that I had missed out on not having met
Sandra - particularly after reading "She's kept us all entertained with her
large repertoire of stories about strange reference questions and bizarre
happenings in the AO's reading rooms, often on what she dubbed as "Archives
Thursdays."

Since joining the AAO team I've learned that although the profession may not
operate centre stage, the players dedicated and generous, tend to have a
strong "Monty Python" streak which they keep well disguised.  I would like
to begin a new column in Off the Record where members can let us now of
activities, personalities, retirements, births, "strange reference questions
and bizarre happenings" or any other momentous event that deserves a
spotlight - we could call it the "Archives Thursdays" column or perhaps
you'd like to put forth some suggestions.

Please give some thought to your next submission and send it in as soon as
possible...

My goal for this issue is to once again receive a submissions from AAO
Members as well as every chapter, board director, and staff member.

*** SUBMISSION TIPS ***

1. Send your submissions (graphics & textual) directly to the Archives
Association of Ontario.

2. To cut down on the prep time and to further reduce the delay in getting
OTR out the door, please imbed your item within the body of an email note
(attachments are very temperamental).

If you want anything inside a box or set off in some special way, it is best
to send a camera-ready copy so we can scan it, and drop it in.

3. For more submission information, please visit the AAO
website:http://aao.fis.utoronto.ca/aa/otrsub.html.