AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Austin, Lynn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:06:54 -0400
Hello Trevor,

As requested, I have reviewed these documents and have the following to
offer:

1.      Great brochure that can be mailed out as a new member joins and
for the Archives Advisor to hand out on site visits. We must remember
that small organizations generally hire "someone to look after the
archives" and not an "archivist" as defined here. I can envision a
similar complementary brochure on "institutional requirements" being
available. Except for dedicated archives institutions, most others are
unaware of educational and institutional requirements.

2.      I have a question under 1.1 Purpose - is the PDC Chair the
intended target or should this read something like "to maintain the
Professional Development Committee's commitment and responsibility for
the development of professional standards"?

3.      Recommendation 5.2 amend the brochure title to "Professional"
not "Provincial".

4.      Complementary knowledge can be obtained through literature too,
like Archivaria.

Trust this helps. I can appreciate how hard the PDC has worked to get
this far.  See you at the next Board meeting.

Lynn Austin
Chair, Institutional Development Committee