AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
AAO AIBN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 16:36:55 -0400
Hello archival community,

I just looked at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is June 1st!!!
This means that the Archives Association of Ontario conference that is to be
held at Brock University from June 19th-22nd, is literally just around the
corner.

There are a few minor points of business that need to be addressed.  May
24th was not the conference registration cut-off date, but it was the
early-bird registration date.  You can still register after May 24th, but if
you are unable to post your registration form before June 7th, may I suggest
that you email or fax in your registration to me.  I will be prepared when
you arrive at the conference for your on-site registration, but try to let
me know in advance.  If you plan to stay in residence and have not sent in
your registration form - PLEASE - let me now before June 6th, Brock
University needs to know the numbers by June 10th.

On the evening of June 20th the AAO membership will gather for an evening of
fine food and merriment at Hernders Wine Estates.  If you plan to attend and
have not sent in your registration form, again let me know by June 14 so as
a courtesy I can inform Hernders as per the number of Banquet attendees.

Noteworthy:

On June 19th, The Archives Association of Ontario will be pleased to have
the company of the Mayor of St. Catharines, Mr. Timothy H. Rigby, at the
opening reception.  On the evening of June 20th, Mr. Steve Peters, Liberal
MPP for Elgin-Middlesex-London, will join the membership at the banquet at
Hernerds Wine Estaes.  At the AGM on June 21st, Mrs. Miriam McTiernan,
Archivist of Ontario, will introduce David Tsubouchi, currently serving as
the Chair of the Management Board of Cabinet.

With all of this activity, how can you pass up the chance to attend the AAO
conference?  Please know that you may still register right up until the
conference, but try and let me know that you plan to attend in advance.

Cheers,

Marianne Henskens
AAO Office Coordinator