AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Kent M. Haworth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:00:17 -0500
Dear Ann
        I am speaking as a member of the AAO Board, with regard to your comment
about the "frequent" cancellation of AAO workshops. Trevor would have to
supply information about "frequency". I dont know how many have been
cancelled, but I do know that cancellations have nothing to do with
"what gives at the AA0."  The lack of interest, not Jennifer Bunting's
departure,  is the reason why the last copyright workshop was
cancelled.  The AAO cannot afford to run these educational opportunities
at a loss.
        If you have been reading the pages of Off The Record you will know that
the AAO is managing a significant reorganization of responsiblities with
the objective of improving service to our membership. Unfortuantely, it
seems, you have been affected by this transition.  I hope you will bear
with us for a short while.  Perhaps you would like to volunteer to help
us?

--
Kent M. Haworth                                    (416) 736-5442
University Archivist                         fax:  (416) 650-8039

"The very circumstance that archival documents were created for legal or
administrative purposes and not cultural purposes gives them a special
cultural value."  Elio Lodolini, 1989