AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Mayville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 11:41:21 -0400
Recognize a Senior in your Community!

Each year the Ontario Senior Achievement Award is presented to twenty individuals who have made significant contributions to their communities after the age of 65. The outstanding voluntary or professional achievement may have occurred in any field of endeavour, including the preservation of history. Maybe there is someone you know (i.e. staff, volunteer, researcher, etc.) that have made a contribution within the archival community, whether locally or provincially, that you feel should be recognized by others. If so, I encourage you to fill out the nomination form and send it in by July 21, 2006.

Recipients of the award will attend a special ceremony held at Queen's Park in October.

Further information and nomination forms may be obtained from:

Ontario Honours and Awards Secretariat
Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
400 University Avenue
Ground Floor, South Lobby
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2R9

Telephone: (416) 314-7526
Fax: (416) 314-7743

Or visit the website at
http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/english/citdiv/honours/saa/saa.htm

This is a great opportunity for the Ontario archival community to honour one of their own and a chance for the rest of the province to see what great work we do!

Liz Mayville
AAO - Vice President