AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Doug Rozell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 14:26:57 -0500
Hi Brian -- so I looked at their w3 site and it appears that municipalities
are not eligible.
At 11:36 AM 09/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>To all:
>
>Those of you in the business of developing or maintaining a community based
archival program may want to take a look at the Trillium Foundation as a
possible avenue for financial support.  In particular, archives would be
eligible for the community grant.  This grant supports initiatives that
"contribute to community vitality" and "support creative use of existing
community facilities".  I have spoken to staff at the foundation and they
tell me that community based archival programs who have built partnerships
along the lines of becoming a "total archives" for a particular area would
be given serious consideration.  Partnerships are key.  Money is not
available for new capital construction but is available for renovations,
repairs, general operating costs and salaries (among other things).  I have
been advocating it is a possible avenue of funds to several communities who
are on the cusp of developing a community program to deal with issues like
restructuring and APOLROD.  For further information, visit the Trillium
Foundation's Website at http://www.trilliumfoundation.org .  Applications
are also available by calling 1-800-263-2887.  The foundation has recently
re-invented itself and it may be a great time to submit an application.
Regards,