AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Brian Masschaele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:17:07 -0400
I am pleased to post the following position on behalf of the Ontario March
of Dimes:

Archivist Wanted

In anticipation of our 50th Anniversary, Ontario March of Dimes invites
applications for a 20-week contract position to establish an archival
program. This position offers an opportunity to implement all of your
archival skills in developing a full archival program and ongoing
management of records for our organization.

Qualifications:
Master of Archival Studies degree and experience in developing an archival
program; ability to work independently and as part of a team; strong
organizational and interpersonal skills along with excellent communication
skills, both written and verbal; ability to work effectively with persons
who may have little knowledge of archives; experience on a PC platform
(WordPerfect 8) and Inmagic DB/TextWorks is essential; knowledge of
disability issues is an asset.

Primary Responsibilities:
Working under the supervision of the Provincial Coordinator, Information
Services, the Archivist is responsible for the appraisal, acquisition,
arrangement, description and preservation and disposition of records,
manuscripts, photographs, film and artifacts related to Ontario March of
Dimes.

The immediate goal of the project is to provide materials to support 50th
Anniversary activities and to identify and provide materials to support
research for publication of a book about the organization, including the
preparation of a chronology of significant events. Long long term goals
include document retention policies, classification scheme and retrieval
procedures, database development, media conversion and other archival
duties as required.

While this is a contract position, there is the possibility for renewal or
extension of the contract as future projects are identified. We offer an
hourly pay rate commensurate with experience. The position will begin as
soon as possible.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, a resume, and names of
three referees by Monday, July 5th, 1999 to:

Judith Lytle
Provincial Coordinator, Information Services
Ontario March of Dimes
10 Overlea Blvd.,
Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
fax: 416-425-1920