BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:07:50 -0400
FYI

School of Health Policy & Management
Room 406, HNES Building

----- Forwarded by Domenica Lam/fs/YorkU on 09/10/2014 06:07 PM -----

Bloor Hot Docs Cinema: CODE BLACK

Hannah Day
to:
09/10/2014 05:00 PM

Hi,

My name is Hannah Day and I am the Publicity and Promotions Assistant for
the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema in Toronto. I believe that York University?s
School of Health Policy and Management students and staff might be
interested in our upcoming film CODE BLACK,  screening September 18-25, at
the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema in Toronto. I?ve included some information about
the film below.

CODE BLACK: In his vivid and thought-provoking filmmaking debut, physician
Ryan McGarry offers unprecedented access to America?s busiest emergency
department: ?C-Booth,? Los Angeles County Hospital?s legendary trauma bay,
the birthplace of Emergency Medicine, where ?more people have died and
more people have been saved than in any other square footage in the United
States.? Amidst real life-and-death situations, McGarry follows a
dedicated team of charismatic, young doctors-in-training as they wrestle
openly with their ideals and the realities of saving lives in a complex
and overburdened system.

Further film info: http://ow.ly/Blk23
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGOSwhzibw
CODE BLACK screening dates and times:
Thursday, September 18                              9:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 21                                  8:45 p.m.
Tuesday, September 23                                6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 24                         8:45 p.m.
Thursday, September 25                              9:00 p.m.

Tickets are $11 each ($8 for Bloor Hot Docs Cinema members). Tickets can
be purchased at the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema box office (506 Bloor St. W.) or
online at http://www.bloorcinema.com/.

Please help spread the word about these screenings by forwarding this
email, including info in your departmental newsletter, or by sharing the
information on your Facebook group or Twitter page, you can tag us
@TheBloorCinema for a re-tweet. Your help is greatly appreciated. If you
would like any additional information, please let me know.

Many thanks!
-Hannah
Hannah Day
Publicity and Promotions Assistant, Bloor Hot Docs Cinema
Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival
110 Spadina Avenue, Suite 333
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2K4
P: 416.203.2155 ext. 297  E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.hotdocs.ca,  www.bloorcinema.com
T: @TheBloorCinema F: www.facebook.com/bloorcinema