BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:32:17 +0000
text/plain (41 kB) , text/html (143 kB) , image001.png (97 kB) , image002.jpg (18 kB) , image006.png (419 kB) , image009.png (19 kB) , image011.png (66 kB) , image013.png (8 kB) , image038.png (95 kB) , image044.jpg (186 kB) , image007.png (122 kB) , image008.png (158 kB) , image016.png (171 kB) , image019.png (101 kB) , image020.png (248 kB) , image021.png (853 kB) , image022.png (456 kB) , image003.jpg (163 kB) , image004.png (200 kB)
Forwarding on the following event announcements.

For the latest updates on York University’s plan for Winter 2022 Term, please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/bettertogether/

Regards,

Domenica
School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website:  http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

________________________________

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 10:08 AM
Subject: FW: Calumet & Stong Colleges' Upcoming Events - Week of April 11, 2022 & Looking Ahead

While we are practicing social distancing physically we do not want you to distance yourself from us virtually.  Take this opportunity to join our Instagram and Facebook pages and connect with us on LinkedIn.  Our team is exploring different ways we can support you online.  If you have any questions and/or ideas about how we can support you online please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Stay Connected with Calumet!

[Instagram logo]<https://www.instagram.com/calumet.york/>               [Facebook logo] <https://www.facebook.com/calumet.york/>                [yorku.ca/colleges/calumet][Website icon]                [LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccscyu/>

 Stay Connected with Stong!

        [Instagram logo] <https://www.instagram.com/stong.york/>                [Facebook logo] <https://www.facebook.com/yorkustongcollege/>                [yorku.ca/colleges/stong][Website icon]                [LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccscyu/>

Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's<https://president.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Next-Steps-in-Yorks-plan-to-address-anti-Black-racism.pdf?x79145> statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism<https://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2020/06/01/statement-york-university-stands-together-against-anti-black-racism/?utm_source=YFile_Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Top-Stories&utm_campaign=yfile%20%20>.

CCSC are committed to inspiring learning, leadership and citizenship and value mentorship and being student centric, engaged, collaborative, and bold.

The success of our students depends on our collective willingness and ability to listen, to be kind, to look after ourselves and each other, to work together, and to lead with Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion<https://rights.info.yorku.ca/>. We do not condone or tolerate racism, prejudice or discrimination in CCSC. We are committed to supporting our CCSC Peer Leaders and Student Organizations and our York and CCSC community to stop anti-Black racism and systemic discrimination of all kinds. We will also collaborate with others to strengthen our student success programming to help our Colleges and students foster a just and fair world.  For more information and to connect with us, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or visit our website https://ccscss.info.yorku.ca/online-student-support/

Student Community & Leadership Development (SCLD) Anti-Racist Resources<https://scld.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Anti-Racist-Resource-Share-1.pdf?x58704>

[We Stand With You Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism.  White lettering on a black back ground.]

[BLACK LIVES MATTER  Black lettering on a white background.]

KAHSSO invites you to attend the drop in study night – April 11 & 12, 2022 from 6:00pm-10:00pm

Join us on April 11th 2022 and or April 12 2022 on zoom for a drop in study session!
If you're procrastinating or having trouble staying focused join us for a virtual study hall where we will be practicing the PROMODORO technique of interval study sessions and interval breaks. A live chat will be running so feel free to talk to other students and enjoy each-others company while getting some work done!

Location: on Zoom
Date: April 11th 2022 & April 12 2022
Time: 6-10PM

To register go to https://linktr.ee/kahsso

[KAHSSO INVITES YOU TO ATTEND THE DROP IN STUDY NIGHT – April 11 & 12, 2022 from 6:00pm-10:00pm  To register go to https://linktr.ee/kahsso Join us on April 11th 2022 and or April 12 2022 on zoom for a drop in study session!  If you're procrastinating or having trouble staying focused join us for a virtual study hall where we will be practicing the PROMODORO technique of interval study sessions and interval breaks. A live chat will be running so feel free to talk to other students and enjoy each-others company while getting some work done!   Location: on Zoom Date: April 11th 2022 & April 12 2022 Time: 6-10PM]

CCSC Study Night: Winter Exams – April 11 & 18, 2022 from 6:00pm-9:00pm

Join us for a wellness-orientated study night during exam season! We will be practicing The Pomodoro Technique. This involves studying for 25 minutes and taking a short break for 5 minutes. Once this is repeated four times, a longer 15-minute break is taken! This time-management tool help you stay focused and motivated which will help you accomplish your academic goals! We will also be practicing a few wellness activities during the session to help you relax and de-stress!

[CCSC STUDY NIGHT: WINTER EXAMS – April 11 & 18, 2022 from 6:00pm-9:00pm   Join us for a wellness-orientated study night during exam season! We will be practicing The Pomodoro Technique. This involves studying for 25 minutes and taking a short break for 5 minutes. Once this is repeated four times, a longer 15-minute break is taken! This time-management tool help you stay focused and motivated which will help you accomplish your academic goals! We will also be practicing a few wellness activities during the session to help you relax and de-stress!  Please RSVP:  https://tinyurl.com/WellnessStudyNight Date: April 11, 2022 & April 18, 2022 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM]

Please RSVP:  ​https://tinyurl.com/WellnessStudyNight​

Date: April 11, 2022 & April 18, 2022

Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

CONFERENCE for Undergraduate Health Research (CUHR) ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONs – Deadline EXTENDED to April 11, 2022

The Conference for Undergraduate Health Research (CUHR) is a 2-day academic conference for undergraduates to showcase their research work and engage in the scientific discourse. Developed by the Undergraduate Health Research Exploration (UHRE) program at York University, CUHR recognizes our students as the next-generation of health scientists and challenges future transformational leaders to showcase their work and experience the collaborative nature of the academic community. CUHR provides the opportunity to connect with established research leaders in the field through keynote events, networking opportunities, and award recognition.

Our abstract submission deadline has been extended to April 11th, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT. Abstracts can be submitted through this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0sSE7PDT8mRJLVwkTfuagPniHutD3-eJ1gGAoU6FVo-i7fA/viewform>.

Visit our website<https://www.uhre.ca/> and submission guidelines document<https://static1.squarespace.com/static/61f52f9e7ddece58c9b5c2c0/t/61f88712a3ca8f6beae15716/1643677462733/CUHR+2022+Guidelines.pdf> for more information. We look forward to receiving your abstract submission!

[CONFERENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATE HEALTH RESEARCH (CUHR) ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS – Deadline EXTENDED to April 11, 2022  The Conference for Undergraduate Health Research (CUHR) is a 2-day academic conference for undergraduates to showcase their research work and engage in the scientific discourse. Developed by the Undergraduate Health Research Exploration (UHRE) program at York University, CUHR recognizes our students as the next-generation of health scientists and challenges future transformational leaders to showcase their work and experience the collaborative nature of the academic community. CUHR provides the opportunity to connect with established research leaders in the field through keynote events, networking opportunities, and award recognition.   Our abstract submission deadline has been extended to April 11th, 2022 at 11:59pm EDT. Abstracts can be submitted through this form.  Visit our website and submission guidelines document for more information. We look forward to receiving your abstract submission!]

Red Table Talk, BSMP Edition: Part 2 of the Black Student Experience – Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 7:00pm

On Thursday April 14th @7pm EST BSMP will be hosting a 'Red Table Talk' part 2, in continuation to part 1 which happened in February!

The inspiration:

This event is inspired by the Red Table Talk show hosted by Jada Pinkett-Smith and Willow, in which various topics are discussed candidly.

You are invited to attend BSMP's version of the Red Table Talk: a safe space to share your thoughts and experiences so far, hear others do the same, and share resources.

You may register for the event through our instagram page: bsmp.yorku

Come check-in, there will be music, and, we hope some laughs 😄!

[RED TABLE TALK, BSMP EDITION: PART 2 OF THE BLACK STUDENT EXPERIENCE – Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 7:00pm  On Thursday April 14th @7pm EST BSMP will be hosting a 'Red Table Talk' part 2, in continuation to part 1 which happened in February!   The inspiration:  This event is inspired by the Red Table Talk show hosted by Jada Pinkett-Smith and Willow, in which various topics are discussed candidly.   You are invited to attend BSMP's version of the Red Table Talk: a safe space to share your thoughts and experiences so far, hear others do the same, and share resources.  You may register for the event through our instagram page: bsmp.yorku  Come check-in, there will be music, and, we hope some laughs 😄!]

Student Well-being podcast Work/Study positions – Applications due Sunday, April 17, 2022

In search of a unique and rewarding work/study opportunity?

This summer, Student Counselling, Health & Well-being<https://counselling.students.yorku.ca/> (SCHW) is hiring work/study students to host, coordinate, create and edit the new Student Well-being Podcast set to debut later in 2022! These podcasting roles will offer valuable experience with interviewing, writing, content creation and more. Learn about the positions on the SCHW website<https://counselling.students.yorku.ca/well-being-podcast>. The application deadline is Sunday, April 17, 2022.

[STUDENT WELL-BEING PODCAST WORK/STUDY POSITIONS – Applications due Sunday, April 17, 2022  In search of a unique and rewarding work/study opportunity?  This summer, Student Counselling, Health & Well-being (SCHW) is hiring work/study students to host, coordinate, create and edit the new Student Well-being Podcast set to debut later in 2022! These podcasting roles will offer valuable experience with interviewing, writing, content creation and more. Learn about the positions on the SCHW website. The application deadline is Sunday, April 17, 2022.]

P2P is collecting donations!

Period to Period poverty will be accepting donations of menstrual products. These products will be donated to shelters where there is a need for menstrual products among homeless menstruating individuals. The following products will be accepted

  *   Menstrual Pads
  *   Tampons
  *   Menstrual Cups (i.e., Divacup)
  *   Menstrual Underwear

Disclaimer: only sealed and unexpired products will be accepted.  Covid- 19 Precautions will be followed to ensure safety.

All donations are greatly appreciated.

Collection Period Began: Week of March 21st

Location Drop-off:  at York University, specifics will be disclosed via email. (Alternative drop-off and pick up arrangements can be discussed via email.)

Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions or concerns.

[P2P IS COLLECTING DONATIONS!  Period to Period poverty will be accepting donations of menstrual products. These products will be donated to shelters where there is a need for menstrual products among homeless menstruating individuals. The following products will be accepted • Menstrual Pads • Tampons  • Menstrual Cups (i.e., Divacup) • Menstrual Underwear  Disclaimer: only sealed and unexpired products will be accepted.  Covid- 19 Precautions will be followed to ensure safety.   All donations are greatly appreciated. Collection Period Began: Week of March 21st  Location Drop-off:  at York University, specifics will be disclosed via email. (Alternative drop-off and pick up arrangements can be discussed via email.)  Please email [log in to unmask] if you have any questions or concerns.]

COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness – Stay Safe!

Almost 84% of men and over 88% of women in the 18-29 age group are fully vaccinated and more than 4% of men and over 3% of women are partially vaccinated.

  *   Authorized vaccines can help protect you from COVID-19
  *   You should get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you
  *   Once you are fully vaccinated you may be able to start doing some of the things that you did prior to the pandemic
  *   Do your part and be socially responsible
  *   Monitor your health and wellbeing daily
  *   Keep following COVID-19 safety protocols

[COVID-19 VACCINE AWARENESS – STAY SAFE!  Almost 84% of men and over 88% of women in the 18-29 age group are fully vaccinated and more than 4% of men and over 3% of women are partially vaccinated.  • Authorized vaccines can help protect you from COVID-19 • You should get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you • Once you are fully vaccinated you may be able to start doing some of the things that you did prior to the pandemic • Do your part and be socially responsible • Monitor your health and wellbeing daily • Keep following COVID-19 safety protocols]

Visit Better Together<https://www.yorku.ca/bettertogether/> for the most current information and updates regarding York’s response to COVID-19.

April Highlights at Career Education and Development

Register to attend the Virtual Spring Career Fair!
Looking for a summer job, an internship, or a full-time position after graduation? Employers are actively hiring York
students and alumni, meet them during the Virtual Spring Career Fair<[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/fair" target="_blank">https://experience.yorku.ca/emailStat.htm?action=redirect&email=838&[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/fair> on Thursday, May 19 from 10 a.m to 3 p.m.

Participating employers include: BDO Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, Dell Technologies, Government of
Nunavut, Homewood Health, RBC, RCMP, Sherwin-Williams, TD, Technical Standards and Safety Authority,
York University and more!<[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/fair" target="_blank">https://experience.yorku.ca/emailStat.htm?action=redirect&email=838&[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/fair>

Register for the fair via the Experience York dashboard.<[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/experienceyork" target="_blank">https://experience.yorku.ca/emailStat.htm?action=redirect&email=838&[log in to unmask]&url=http://careers.yorku.ca/experienceyork>

Upcoming Virtual Employer Recruitment Sessions and Customized Events
Connect with employers during these upcoming Employer Recruitment Sessions and Employer Customized Events:

Careers in Insurance: Ask a Recruiter