BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2021 14:28:51 +0000
FYI

Domenica
School of Health Policy & Management

York University

 ***********************************

Dear SHPM Students

I trust that you are keeping safe and healthy. As 2021 unfolds there are lots of challenges for students which induce stress. So, I am writing to introduce online Stress Busting programs that you may find helpful. These programs build on the highly positive feedback from students who have taken my Global Mental Health 4th year undergraduate course.

‘Free’ Online Programs

For Winter 2021, Stress Busting is offering 3 ‘free’ online (Zoom) programs (see attached Brochures). Each session runs for 30 minutes during the noon hour followed by an optional Q&A.

  1.  Qi Gong Mind-Body Movement Practices: 10 weeks (20 sessions) on Mondays and Thursdays, noon – 12:30pm, January 18 – March 25, 2021.
  2.  Mindfulness Meditation: 10 weeks on Tuesdays, noon – 12:30pm, January 19 – March 23, 2021.
  3.  Capacitar Healing Practices: 5 weeks on Wednesdays, noon – 12:30pm, February 3 - March 3, 2021.

Open To: the York University students, community and friends around the world.

Program Details: consult the Stress Busting website: https://stressbusting.info.yorku.ca/

Certificate: participants have the option for a ‘Digital Badge’ of completion from York University.

To Register for One, Two or All three programs: send your Name and email Address to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

A Sampler: Qi Gong Basics 1-2-3

If you need a warm-up and want to learn what Qi Gong is all about, here is  the link to my 10 - minute routine called Qi Gong Basics: 1-2-3. Feel free to pass the word.

https://yorku.zoom.us/rec/share/jhnT6boLeSvbrwofb4T6FLDGVbcM5eKdztiejAhKecDFfiSA3qxK3-RmNKTX2Su3.-WIWvZmTQh4VG81v

Be Well and Many Thanks

Harvey

Harvey Skinner PhD, CPsych, FCAHS

Professor of Psychology & Global Health

Founding Dean 2006-2016, Faculty of Health

York University, 4700 Keele Street,

Toronto, ON, Canada M3J 1P3

Mobile: 416-520-7615