BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:32:06 +0000
Forwarding on the following message.

For the latest updates on York University’s COVID-19 health & safety plans, please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/bettertogether/students/

Regards,

Amanda

School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website:  http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

Did you know that sometimes the most important prescription has nothing to do with medication? We're referring to social prescribing, which is defined by the World Health Organization as "a means for health care workers to connect patients to a range of non-clinical services in the community to improve health and wellbeing".

Did you know that there is a growing social prescribing student movement in Canada? We're talking about the newly founded Canadian Social Prescribing Student Collective, which aims to build the social prescribing student movement across the country.

If we have piqued your interest, then we ask that you join us on September 20th from 12-1PM EST to take part in the global conversation about social prescribing with leaders in the field, Dr. Kate Mulligan and Dr. Bogdan Chiva Giurca, and to hear from the Co-Leads of the Canadian Social Prescribing Student Collective to find out how you can join the growing student movement in Canada. Please check out the attached poster for the registration link. You can also check out the Canadian Social Prescribing Student Collective website<https://www.socialprescribing.ca/student-collective>, Twitter account<https://twitter.com/CSPSC_CECPS>, and LinkedIn page.<https://www.linkedin.com/company/canadian-social-prescribing-student-collective>

Caitlin Muhl, Le-Tien Bhaskar, Niloufar Aran

Co-Leads

Canadian Social Prescribing Student Collective

[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4xabwMyxzrbIM9k0bjoTbQzELJew1wLruWn6myVXdQ4T82miab-dbmpB9SWpxF84DKIva9RUig]
[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4yEOHeTwgltfRkUyEaDVXw7gLZWDexKnoEJqIGYoRdVb1SQmTrUwVnY2BFrGQ_c8LCtaIV7x3E]<https://twitter.com/CSPSC_CECPS>[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4xZfi9Sop1pI3mDFoTZ-cb5n2GK_OO8mkPOpI23HCgB3GKfQiCtvgsELqWnZtJak5Kh6HBMLUg]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/canadian-social-prescribing-student-collective>[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4wdV7VvMNBiBxml9gYz435X_5YAV73IiZBEcr0hu28YLuVzEyGxhbd8e1TZFYcTsD-PaccBb6I]<https://www.socialprescribing.ca/student-collective>
Building the social prescribing student movement across Canada