BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

From:
Regina Pinto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 13:35:25 -0400
----- Forwarded by Regina Pinto/fs/YorkU on 05/19/2009 01:35 PM -----

Health as a Bridge to Peace <[log in to unmask]>
05/18/2009 05:07 PM

cc

Subject
12th Annual International Women?s and Children?s Health, Oct. 2, 2009,
Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ontario

Hello Members of Health as a Bridge to Peace,

Below is a message from Anusha Jahagirdar, McMaster University, regarding
the 12th Annual International Women's and Children Health Conference. The
Conference will be held on October 2, 2009 at the Royal Botanical Gardens
in Burlington Ontario.

To receive additional information please visit:  http://web.iwch.org/
You may email: [log in to unmask]

Hope you are having a wonderful long weekend,

Kind regards,
Lavina

Health as a Bridge to Peace
019 HNES Building, Ground Floor
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2J 1P3
Tel: 416 736 2100 ext. 21036

http://healthasabridgetopeace.blogspot.com/

*Hello,***

*We would like to extend a warm invitation to students and faculty within
Health as a Bridge to Peace to attend the 12th Annual International
Women?s
and Children?s Health (*IWCH*) Conference. If you could pass this
information along to your members, we would very much appreciate it. The *
IWCH* network is a collaboration of McMaster students, faculty and
community
members who are working together to improve women?s and children?s health,
at the local as well as global level. Since 1998 the *IWCH* network has
hosted an annual one day conference to bring together newcomers and
leaders
in the area of international women?s and children?s health. ***

*The conference will take place on October 2, 2009 at the Royal Botanical
Gardens in Burlington, Ontario; more details will follow. The goal of the
2009 *IWCH* Conference is to bring together students, faculty and
community
members from multiple disciplines to discuss the importance of
community-centred health initiatives, both in Canada and abroad, and to
collaborate on interdisciplinary strategies for change. The conference
will
include opportunities for individuals to obtain information about becoming
involved in international children?s and women?s health. ***

*We will also be accepting submissions for this year's photo auction. This
is an opportunity for applicants to raise funds for a local non-profit
organization while displaying their artistic ability and highlighting some
of their work in the International or Canadian Health Community. The
photographs will be judged by a panel on the day of the conference, and
the
winning submission featured in the Canadian Medical Association Journal!
We
would like to remind potential applicants that consent must be obtained
from
subjects of the photograph in order to be published in the CMAJ.***

*For more information, visit our website at
www.iwch.org<
https://mail.uottawa.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.iwch.org/>.
Also, please do not hesitate to email us at [log in to unmask]***

*Sincerely,***

*Anusha Jahagirdar*

*Public Relations Chair*

*IWCH 2009***