BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

From:
Cynthia Goodfellow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:21:25 -0500
Please see below.

Best,

c.

Cynthia Goodfellow
Administrative Assistant
School of Health Policy and Management
York University
424 HNES Building
4700 Keele Street.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M3J 1P3
416 736 5157
Fax: 416 736 5227

NOTE:  This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information
for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited unless explicitly specified in the text
above.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender and delete all copies.  Opinions, conclusions or other information
expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed by the
sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender.
----- Forwarded by Cynthia Goodfellow/fs/YorkU on 02/21/2012 09:20 AM
-----

This year's International Forum on Health Care and Information &
Communication Technology (HICT 2012) is being held in Halifax from October
19th to 21st.  It will be a great opportunity to discuss evidence and
innovation in health informatics in front of a local, national and
international audience.  A call for participation is open,  and we would
be delighted to see proposals for presentations from the academic health
informatics community in Canada.  For further details, see our website at
: https://sites.google.com/site/hict2012/

However, the reason for this particular email is to ask each of you to
make your students aware of our app writing competition, which will be
held in conjunction with the conference.  We want to give student
innovators in our academic programs a chance to shine, to show that they
understand the transformational power of mobile technology in health care.
 Successful applicants will have the opportunity to demonstrate their
projects in a mezzanine setting to an audience of national and
international academic informaticians, representatives from local
government and industry, and the Canadian public.  The app showcase will
be a well publicized highlight of our program.

Mobile applications that answer the needs of any health care player are
welcome, including those that are directed at patients, front line health
care workers, administrators, researchers and government.  In addition,
our industry partner, Populus, has provided a data dictionary modeled on
their highly regarded electronic health record system, offering
participants the chance to develop dashboards for a real-world setting
which will be judged at industry standards.

The opportunity for our students to show their skill set to
an influential audience is substantial.  Please distribute this email
widely, and help to make your students aware of this opportunity.  Please
direct any questions to me at [log in to unmask]

Details can be found at the website above.  Thanks for your help with
this.  See you all, I hope, in Halifax this October!

Brett W Taylor, MD, FRCP
Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics and Health Informatics
Dalhousie University / IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Chair, Local Organizing Committee, HICT 2012