BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:45:41 -0400
Dear Colleague,

The BC Healthy Living Alliance today released the report ?Healthy Futures
for BC Families ? Policy Recommendations for Improving the Health of
British Columbians?.

The report can be downloaded from our website at
http://www.bchealthyliving.ca/sites/all/files/BCHLA_Healthy%20Futures-Final-Web.pdf

The Report contains 45 recommendations covering such areas as early
childhood development, housing, food security, income security,
transportation and supportive environments.

Please read our Op Ed ?It takes more than knowledge to fuel healthy
lifestyles? about the report which was published today in the Vancouver
Sun as well as the Press Release which accompanied the report.

We would like to thank you once again for your participation in the
various meetings and Forums which provided such important input into this
Report. We would welcome your comments as we proceed to work with
governments and other sectors for the implementation of policies to ensure
that all British Columbians can enjoy a healthy future.

If you should wish hard copies of the report, please contact Brenda
Bedford at [log in to unmask]

Mary Collins
Director, BC Healthy Living Alliance Secretariat
#310 - 1212 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC V6H 3V2
Tel: 604-629-1630
Cell: 778-828-0319

Live healthy  Join us on Facebook!

The BC Healthy Living Alliance: Improving the health of British Columbians
through leadership that enhances collaborative action to promote physical
activity, healthy eating and living smoke free.

Visit us at www.bchealthyliving.ca

To leave, manage or join list:
https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=sdoh&A=1