BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2022 12:26:12 +0000
text/plain (1 MB) , text/html (1 MB) , image001.png (1 MB) , image008.png (1 MB) , image009.png (1 MB) , image010.png (1 MB) , image011.png (1 MB) , image002.png (1 MB) , image004.png (1 MB) , image003.png (1 MB) , image007.png (1 MB) , image006.png (1 MB) , image014.png (1 MB) , image016.png (1 MB) , image021.jpg (1 MB) , image023.jpg (1 MB) , image024.jpg (1 MB) , image025.png (1 MB) , image026.jpg (1 MB) , image027.png (1 MB) , image005.png (1 MB) , image012.png (1 MB) , image013.png (1 MB) , image015.jpg (1 MB) , image017.png (1 MB) , Outlook-Faculty of.png (1 MB)
Forwarding on the Weekly Announcements.

Regards,

Amanda Furlano

Program Assistant/Secretary

School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website:  http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

T 416-736-2100 ext 55157

health.info.yorku.ca<https://health.info.yorku.ca/>

[Faculty of Health  | York University Logo]

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.

________________________________
Dear Students,

Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's<https://president.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Next-Steps-in-Yorks-plan-to-address-anti-Black-racism.pdf?x79145> statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism<https://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2020/06/01/statement-york-university-stands-together-against-anti-black-racism/?utm_source=YFile_Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Top-Stories&utm_campaign=yfile%20%20>.

CCSC are committed to inspiring learning, leadership and citizenship and value mentorship and being student centric, engaged, collaborative, and bold.

The success of our students depends on our collective willingness and ability to listen, to be kind, to look after ourselves and each other, to work together, and to lead with Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion<https://rights.info.yorku.ca/>. We do not condone or tolerate racism, prejudice or discrimination in CCSC. We are committed to supporting our CCSC Peer Leaders and Student Organizations and our York and CCSC community to stop anti-Black racism and systemic discrimination of all kinds. We will also collaborate with others to strengthen our student success programming to help our Colleges and students foster a just and fair world.  For more information and to connect with us, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Student Community & Leadership Development (SCLD) Anti-Racist Resources<https://scld.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Anti-Racist-Resource-Share-1.pdf?x58704>

[We Stand With You Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism.  BLACK LIVES MATTER  White lettering on a black background and black lettering on a white background.]

EMERGING LEADERSHIP TRAINING (ELT) – Tuesday, October 18, 2022

About ELT

If you are thinking about getting involved at York and/or want to build on your leadership skills, then this training is for you.  We want to introduce you to the culture of peer leadership at Calumet and Stong Colleges and at York University.  We have developed a highly interactive program where you will explore topics with your peers in small and large groups.  Students attending this training will complete the following three modules:

1.     YU Matter and Belong - learn about the importance of a sense of mattering and dig deeper into topics such as resiliency, grit, and growth mindset.

2.     YU Thrive and Flourish - reflect on your self-care strategies and learn about the importance of managing stress. Emotional intelligence and self-compassion will also be discussed as ways to help you thrive and flourish.

3.     Fostering a Leadership Community - explore elements and benefits of peer leadership and student engagement and how you can get involved in our leadership community.

What we need from you

To receive a certificate of participation, you will be required to meet the following three program requirements:

1.     Participate in the full training (participants are asked to arrive on time and stay until the training ends).

2.     Complete all pre-instructional activities, prior to the scheduled training, (2-hour commitment prior to the training) using the eClass platform.

4.     Complete all post training activities (1-hour commitment after the training) using the eClass platform.

Mode of Delivery, Date and Time

IN-PERSON EVENT

DATE: Tuesday, October 18, 2022

TIME: 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM (dinner break included)

LOCATION: Keele Campus, Stong College, Room 101 (MDR)

Registration Link: tinyurl.com/ELTF22<https://health.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=1164816> alternatively

https://health.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=1164816

Learn More: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/leadership-exploration-and-development/

[EMERGING LEADERSHIP TRAINING (ELT) – Tuesday, October 18, 2022   About ELT   If you are thinking about getting involved at York and/or want to build on your leadership skills, then this training is for you.  We want to introduce you to the culture of peer leadership at Calumet and Stong Colleges and at York University.  We have developed a highly interactive program where you will explore topics with your peers in small and large groups.  Students attending this training will complete the following three modules:     1.     YU Matter and Belong - learn about the importance of a sense of mattering and dig deeper into topics such as resiliency, grit, and growth mindset.  2.     YU Thrive and Flourish - reflect on your self-care strategies and learn about the importance of managing stress. Emotional intelligence and self-compassion will also be discussed as ways to help you thrive and flourish.     3.     Fostering a Leadership Community - explore elements and benefits of peer leadership and student engagement and how you can get involved in our leadership community.    What we need from you   To receive a certificate of participation, you will be required to meet the following three program requirements:     1.     Participate in the full training (participants are asked to arrive on time and stay until the training ends).  2.     Complete all pre-instructional activities, prior to the scheduled training, (2-hour commitment prior to the training) using the eClass platform.  4.     Complete all post training activities (1-hour commitment after the training) using the eClass platform.     Mode of Delivery, Date and Time    IN-PERSON EVENT  DATE: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 TIME: 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM (dinner break included)  LOCATION: Keele Campus, Stong College, Room 101 (MDR)   Registration Link: tinyurl.com/ELTF22 alternatively https://health.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=1164816   Learn More: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/leadership-exploration-and-development/]

Road to research Success Workshop – Tuesday, October 11, 2022 from 12:00pm-1:30pm

Need help navigating your way to academic sources? Learn how to: find your way around the library website; start your search with subject guides and research strategies; access and use OMNI and databases to find the sources you need for your essays and assignments.

Taking place on Tuesday October 11 at 12-1:30 pm EDT (Zoom).

Register: https://yorku.libcal.com/event/3680929

[Computer screen with picture of a road and words Road to Research Success]

2SLGBTQIA+ Support Group – Tuesday, October 11, 2022 from 1:00pm-2:00pm

Student Counselling, Health, & Well-being (SCHW) offers a bi-weekly drop-in support group for the 2SLGBTQIA+ student community at York. SCHW counsellors who identify as part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community facilitate this group and create a safe and positive space where stories can be shared. To learn more about this group, head over to the SCHW website<https://counselling.students.yorku.ca/group-counselling-schw/#2SLGBTQIA>