BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

From:
Regina Pinto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 09:18:26 -0400
I am forwarding a job posting for a Co-ordinator position in the Ontario
Lung Association.

Geoff Webb, Sr. Mgr Experiential Education at Atkinson is happy to conduct
a resume/cover letter session for students planning on applying to this
position prior to the application submission deadline.

If you are interested in a one hour group session during the week of May
25th please email Geoff immediately - [log in to unmask]

Students applying for this position are required to apply through Geoff
Webb  by May 31st, regardless of whether you attend a resume/cover letter
session.

Thank you.

Regina

Ontario Lung Association

Coordinator, Program & Curriculum Development
Position Type: Contract - Full Time
Date Ad Posted: 5/19/2009
Job Region: ON - Metro Toronto Area
Application Deadline: 6/1/2009
Location(s): Toronto

The Lung Association is one of Canada`s oldest health-related charities.
We work to improve lung health by funding medical research, raising
awareness of important risk factors influencing lung health, and providing
education to help those with breathing problems.

Tobacco use is the most important preventable risk factor for lung
disease. Whether direct or indirect, exposure to tobacco smoke contributes
to asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease
and lung cancer. The reduction of tobacco use forms a cornerstone of our
efforts to prevent lung disease.

Initiated in support of Smoke-Free Ontario, The Lung Association's Youth
Advocacy Training Institute (YATI) provides youth-focussed training and
technical support to the province's smoking prevention program. This year,
we will also be exploring how our advocacy and leadership training
programs for youth can be adapted to other areas of chronic disease
prevention.

Reporting to the Manager of the Youth Advocacy Training Institute, the
Coordinator, Program & Curriculum Development, will be based in our
Toronto office and will work closely with other members of the YATI team
and a Curriculum Advisory Committee. Some travel within the province will
be involved.

This is a contract position, initially from June 15, 2009, to March 31,
2010, with the possibility of extension for a full year.

Responsibilities:
coordinate YATI program development areas including training programs,
resources and youth program initiatives;
provide support to YATI staff regarding the development and implementation
of programs;
work with the Coordinator, Technical Assistance on setting priorities for
program planning,developing indicators of program success, workplan
development, needs assessments and evaluations;
provide problem-solving support to staff on issues such as scheduling,
customer complaints and other day-to-day program obstacles;
in consultation with the Curriculum Advisory Committee develop, pilot and
revise curriculum
develop and implement a facilitator training program;
facilitate trainings in areas of expertise;
coordinate meetings of the Curriculum Advisory Committee;
attend provincial working group or committee meetings as assigned.

Qualifications:
University degree, or equivalent of education and experience, in
traditional or experiential education, health promotion or advocacy;
Masters degree would be an asset
two or more years of experience in curriculum and program development,
preferably including some health education and program evaluation
experience
excellent writing and editing skills
excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
excellent organizational abilities and previous successful project
management experience
good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with and
train others
research and analytical abilities
flexibility, with good time management abilities, and the ability to
establish priorities and meet deadlines
strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet
applications and the Internet
means of transportation and willingness to travel as necessary

Geoff Webb
Sr. Manager, Experiential Education
York University, Atkinson Faculty of Liberal and Professional Studies
4700 Keele St., Toronto, ON  M3J 1P3
ph: 416 736 2100 ext 33453   f: 416 736 5750
[log in to unmask]     www.atkinson.yorku.ca/ee/