BHS Archives

School Health Policy Management

BHS@YORKU.CA

School Health Policy Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2021 21:24:03 +0000
text/plain (36 kB) , text/html (130 kB) , image001.png (12 kB) , image002.png (12 kB) , image003.png (6 kB) , image004.png (6 kB) , image005.png (12 kB) , image006.png (12 kB) , image007.png (6 kB) , image008.png (6 kB) , image009.png (97 kB) , image011.jpg (18 kB) , image012.png (458 kB) , image013.png (125 kB) , image014.png (158 kB) , image015.png (217 kB) , image016.png (86 kB) , image017.jpg (36 kB) , image018.png (167 kB) , image021.png (152 kB) , image023.png (203 kB) , image024.png (211 kB) , image025.png (195 kB) , image028.jpg (104 kB) , image049.png (222 kB) , image050.jpg (46 kB) , image051.png (225 kB) , image052.jpg (12 kB)
FYI

Domenica
School of Health Policy & Management

York University

Undergraduate Program Website:  http://shpm.info.yorku.ca/

________________________________

Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 8:46 AM
Subject: Calumet & Stong Colleges' Upcoming Events - Week of November 1, 2021 & Looking Ahea

While we are practicing social distancing physically we do not want you to distance yourself from us virtually.  Take this opportunity to join our Instagram and Facebook pages and connect with us on LinkedIn.  Our team is exploring different ways we can support you online.  If you have any questions and/or ideas about how we can support you online please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Stay Connected with Calumet!

[Instagram logo]<https://www.instagram.com/calumet.york/>               [Facebook logo] <https://www.facebook.com/calumet.york/>                [Website icon] <http://calumet.yorku.ca/>                 [LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccscyu/>

         Stay Connected with Stong!

[Instagram Logo]<https://www.instagram.com/stong.york/>               [Facebook Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/yorkustongcollege/>                [Stong Website] <http://stong.yorku.ca/>                 [LinkedIn Logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccscyu/>

Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's<https://president.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Next-Steps-in-Yorks-plan-to-address-anti-Black-racism.pdf?x79145> statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism<https://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2020/06/01/statement-york-university-stands-together-against-anti-black-racism/?utm_source=YFile_Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Top-Stories&utm_campaign=yfile%20%20>.

CCSC are committed to inspiring learning, leadership and citizenship and value mentorship and being student centric, engaged, collaborative, and bold.

The success of our students depends on our collective willingness and ability to listen, to be kind, to look after ourselves and each other, to work together, and to lead with Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion<https://rights.info.yorku.ca/>. We do not condone or tolerate racism, prejudice or discrimination in CCSC. We are committed to supporting our CCSC Peer Leaders and Student Organizations and our York and CCSC community to stop anti-Black racism and systemic discrimination of all kinds. We will also collaborate with others to strengthen our student success programming to help our Colleges and students foster a just and fair world.  For more information and to connect with us, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or visit our website https://ccscss.info.yorku.ca/online-student-support/

Student Community & Leadership Development (SCLD) Anti-Racist Resources<https://scld.yorku.ca/files/2020/06/Anti-Racist-Resource-Share-1.pdf?x58704>

[We Stand With You Calumet and Stong Colleges (CCSC) support York University's statements about standing together to fight anti-Black racism.  White lettering on a black back ground.]

[BLACK LIVES MATTER  Black lettering on a white background.]

November Creative Arts education Workshops!

Creative Arts workshops are an opportunity for community members to take a break, decompress and partake in self-care-oriented sessions. Each workshop is facilitated by an artist that will guide you through lessons and/or activities where you can explore, learn, and develop skills across various artistic mediums including poetry, visual arts, photography, sewing, baking and more.

Tiny URLs for November:
Speed Sketching: One-line Drawings on Movement, November 4th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWSketch1104
Speed Painting: Fruit Bowl, November 12th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWPaint1112
Speed Painting, November 15th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWPaint1115
Art Analysis: Women in Art, November 24th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/AA1124

[NOVEMBER CREATIVE ARTS EDUCATION WORKSHOPS! Creative Arts workshops are an opportunity for community members to take a break, decompress and partake in self-care-oriented sessions. Each workshop is facilitated by an artist that will guide you through lessons and/or activities where you can explore, learn, and develop skills across various artistic mediums including poetry, visual arts, photography, sewing, baking and more.  Tiny URLs for November:  Speed Sketching: One-line Drawings on Movement, November 4th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWSketch1104 Speed Painting: Fruit Bowl, November 12th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWPaint1112 Speed Painting, November 15th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/CEWPaint1115 Art Analysis: Women in Art, November 24th @5pm EDT: https://tinyurl.com/AA1124]

LGBTQ2S+ Support Group – Biweekly on Wednesdays, from 4:00pm-5:00pm

Student Counselling, Health & Well-Being (SCHW) warmly welcomes you to our biweekly drop-in support group – a confidential space for students facilitated by counsellors who are part of the LGBTQ2S+ community to meet, share stories, feel connected and supported.

Fall 2021 – Winter 2022 – Biweekly on Wednesdays from 4:00pm-5:00pm.

No registration required.

To join the next session and/or for more information please contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

UPSA Peer Mentoring

Feeling stressed and need someone to talk to? Peer mentoring is for you. You can set up a one-on-one meeting with a peer mentor by emailing [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Note that to access these services you must be assigned a mentor. First-year students are automatically matched, but any student can opt-in by filling out the Assign me a Mentor form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FEbX7tsjVXQ13og0cPkwmi1NMX6U4UjogJoLJTON7Qg/edit>. Stay healthy and safe.

With the possibility of returning to campus in the Winter Semester (2022), we must consider our options in best delivering our services to students. Please fill out this survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10_lxsdsBeY0ZKjB52aSHqeZbFD2mHkRYTJHVs1JETLE/edit> to let us know your opinion.

Activity Sessions: Week of November 1- 5

[UPSA PEER MENTORING Feeling stressed and need someone to talk to? Peer mentoring is for you. You can set up a one-on-one meeting with a peer mentor by emailing [log in to unmask]]

PM Reyanna - Breakfast Time and Book Talk with PM Reyanna!
November 2nd, 11:00AM - 1:00PM EDT
ZOOM Link: Click Here to Access PM Reyanna’s Activity Session<https://yorku.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpduuupjwvG9Si0E0d2yJcNZLZYbrhS10Q>
PM Emma - Project Upcycle: Turn a T-Shirt into a Tote Bag
November 3rd, 12:00PM - 2:00PM EDT
ZOOM Link: Click Here to Access PM Emma’s Activity Session<https://yorku.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpc-2gqTsjEtLZSEpOMM77spoLeZAWgLRf>

PM Dylan  - You Used to Call Me on your Gartic Phone: Art and Game Session with PM Dylan!
November 4th, 3:00PM - 5:00PM EDT
ZOOM Link: Click Here to Access PM Dylan’s Activity Session<https://yorku.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAkdO2gqjovHdfK5vFpdFzLNLpahAnH4SnY>

PM Diana - PM Diana’s Guide to Notetaking
November 5th, 12:00PM - 2:00PM EDT
ZOOM Link: Click Here to Access PM Diana’s Activity Session<https://yorku.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcode6hqTItG9U4aYuhmHti-ZPr_nP_pFGw>

UPSA Peer Tutoring

The Undergraduate Psychology Student Association (UPSA) provides free one-on-one (no appointment necessary) peer-tutoring services in several Psychology courses, including core required, historically difficult, and highly requested courses at York University. UPSA’s high-achieving peer tutors will be hosting weekly drop-in sessions over Zoom during the Fall 2021 term Monday-Friday from 10 am to 5 pm EDT.

UPSA's website contains our tutoring schedule<https://sites.google.com/view/upsayorku/peer-tutoring/tutoring-schedule> as well as other resources such as mentoring and online learning tips.

If you are seeking assistance with concepts covered in many core psychology courses, please do not hesitate to drop into one of the following sessions by clicking on the link provided containing the zoom details for each tutor and the schedule in plain text.<https://tinyurl.com/UPSA-Tutoring-Zoom-Links>

UPSA Podcast season 2, episode 3: Mental health in an unequal world

Visit tinyurl.com/S2E3withEWIHandGHSA <http://tinyurl.com/S2E3withEWIHandGHSA> to listen to the whole episode!

This year, for World Mental Health Day, the World Federation of Mental Health (WFMH) selected the theme “Mental Health in an Unequal World.” This particular theme was selected to highlight the various disparities that exist in our world when it comes to accessing mental health and how various marginalized populations face elevated risks in mental health. Why do certain groups face disproportionate rates of mental health conditions?

In this episode of What’s UP(SA)?, we have partnered with our friends Farwa and Asma from the Global Health Students’ Association (GHSA) and Tatiana and Fiona from the Empowering Women in Health (EWIH) to discuss the factors behind good mental health, how various marginalized groups face a disproportionate level of mental health issues and how to maintain your mental health in the midst of the pandemic!

To read the summary and know the resources of this podcast, visit http://tinyurl.com/UPSAPodcast

[cid:image014.png@01D7CEFC.E958F280]

Meet and Greet: Health Eating & Wellness – Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 1:00pm-2:00pm

Did you know that your diet significantly impacts your wellbeing?

Have you struggled in the past finding ways to eat healthy?

Worry no more!

The Health & Wellness Team is here to support you.

Join our Meet & Greet to learn about how you can improve your wellness through your diet!

We will be discussing meal planning, healthy foods, easy-to-make recipes and much more. By the end, you will be equipped to make changes to your diet to improve your wellbeing!

Please RSVP Here: https://tinyurl.com/MeetnGreetHealthyEating

Date: November 3, 2021

Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

[MEET AND GREET: HEALTH EATING & WELLNESS – Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 1:00pm-2:00pm  Did you know that your diet significantly impacts your wellbeing?  Have you struggled in the past finding ways to eat healthy?  Worry no more!  The Health & Wellness Team is here to support you.  Join our Meet & Greet to learn about how you can improve your wellness through your diet!  We will be discussing meal planning, healthy foods, easy-to-make recipes and much more. By the end, you will be equipped to make changes to your diet to improve your wellbeing! Please RSVP Here: https://tinyurl.com/MeetnGreetHealthyEating Date: November 3, 2021  Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM]

Black Students Mentorship Program Orientation Night – Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 6:30pm-8:00pm

Registration to attend the Black Students Mentorship Program’s Orientation Night event is now open.

Date & Time: Wednesday, November 3rd | 6:30pm - 8:00pm EDT

Zoom Meeting: Please register through the link below. Zoom link will be sent to all guests on the day of the event.
Registration Link: https://orientationnight_bsmp.eventbrite.ca<https://orientationnight_bsmp.eventbrite.ca/>

As always, please do not hesitate to contact the BSMP team with any questions:
We can be reached at:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, and on IG: @bsmp.yorku<https://instagram.com/bsmp.yorku?utm_medium=copy_link> (Follow us for more updates)

[BLACK STUDENTS MENTORSHIP PROGRAM ORIENTATION NIGHT – Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 6:30pm-8:00pm  Registration to attend the Black Students Mentorship Program’s Orientation Night event is now open.  Date & Time: Wednesday, November 3rd | 6:30pm - 8:00pm EDT Zoom Meeting: Please register through the link below. Zoom link will be sent to all guests on the day of the event. Registration Link: https://orientationnight_bsmp.eventbrite.ca   As always, please do not hesitate to contact the BSMP team with any questions: We can be reached at:[log in to unmask], and on IG: @bsmp.yorku (Follow us for more updates)]

Learning Commons: Student Guide to Group Work

The Student Guide to Group Work is a multimodal eLearning resource is designed to help students learn the fundamentals of group work, through four short videos and a variety of downloadable tools and resources. This guide, offered under a Creative Commons license, was funded by an AIF grant, and is a collaborative endeavour involving the Libraries, the Writing Department, Learning Skills Services, the ESL Open Learning Centre, the Teaching Commons and the Career Centre.

Recently features on the Libraries' social media https://twitter.com/yorkulibraries/status/1364983547900100615?s=20

You can find it under the new resources on the Learning Common's web site<https://learningcommons.yorku.ca/>.

Experiential Education Symposium 2022: Apply to be a Presenter – Application Deadline Wednesday, November 3, 2021 @ 11:59pm

Calling all students: Apply to share your story at the Experiential Education Symposium 2022

Did you take an Experiential Education (EE) course at York that was a standout experience for you? Has your participation in an EE course at York resulted in a meaningful impact for you and other partners you engaged with? If so, we invite you to apply to be one our presenters at the 4th annual Experiential Education Symposium to share your EE story individually or as a group with your peers and other event participants.

When: February 2nd, 2022

Where: Virtually

Application Due Date: November 3rd, 2021 at 11:59pm

Application Requirements:

Provide a short abstract of your chosen EE presentation guided by some question prompts.

What To Expect As A Presenter:

  *   Successful EE Symposium applicants will create either a poster, video, or podcast to showcase their experiential education experience.
  *   Workshops and training materials will be provided to successful applicants. A roadmap will be given for what to expect from the event.
  *   Students who apply and are successful will automatically enter a draw to win a $100 YU-card.
  *   Students will learn how to present in a professional setting and can showcase their experience to the York community.

For more information about the EE Symposium 2022, including how to apply, participant eligibility, the program for the day, and more, please visit the EE Symposium web site<https://www.yorku.ca/eesymposium>, or send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM 2022: APPLY TO BE A PRESENTER – Application Deadline Wednesday, November 3, 2021 @ 11:59pm  Calling all students: Apply to share your story at the Experiential Education Symposium 2022   Did you take an Experiential Education (EE) course at York that was a standout experience for you? Has your participation in an EE course at York resulted in a meaningful impact for you and other partners you engaged with? If so, we invite you to apply to be one our presenters at the 4th annual Experiential Education Symposium to share your EE story individually or as a group with your peers and other event participants.   When: February 2nd, 2022 Where: Virtually Application Due Date: November 3rd, 2021 at 11:59pm Application Requirements: Provide a short abstract of your chosen EE presentation guided by some question prompts.   What To Expect As A Presenter: • Successful EE Symposium applicants will create either a poster, video, or podcast to showcase their experiential education experience.   • Workshops and training materials will be provided to successful applicants. A roadmap will be given for what to expect from the event.  • Students who apply and are successful will automatically enter a draw to win a $100 YU-card. • Students will learn how to present in a professional setting and can showcase their experience to the York community.   For more information about the EE Symposium 2022, including how to apply, participant eligibility, the program for the day, and more, please visit the EE Symposium web site, or send an email to [log in to unmask]]

SPEED SKETCHING WORKSHOP - Thursday, November 4, 2021, from 5:00pm-6:00pm EDT

Facilitator: Joey Si / Simran Bouns

Date & Time: Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 5:00pm-6:00pm

Zoom Meeting ID: 951 1799 3253

Zoom Meeting Password: Register at link below for meeting password. Password is emailed 1 hour before start time.

Registration Link: https://tinyurl.com/CEWSketch1104

During this session, you will learn how to draw using only one line, without lifting your pencil! We will specifically focus on movement through drawing different bodies and shapes. All you need is a pen/pencil and paper. Why Speed Sketching? Speed Sketching is a quick and easy way to create a beautiful drawing, where you can both create an amazing art piece, as well as improve your skills! Take a break, decompress, and partake in this self-care-oriented workshop, while creating your very own personalized masterpiece!

To participate in this workshop, participants will need to have the following items:

· Paper

· Pencil/Pen

· Eraser

[cid:image018.png@01D7CEFC.E958F280]

Undergraduate Health Research exploration Research Summit – November 6 and 7, 2021 from 10:00am-12:30pm (both days)

UHRE is an Agents of Change project and a KAHSSO chapter intending to help students in their journey to obtaining and excelling in research positions. If you’re a Faculty of Health student looking to learn more about research at York and outside of York, register for our upcoming summit!

[UNDERGRADUATE HEALTH RESEARCH EXPLORATION RESEARCH SUMMIT – November 6 and 7, 2021 from 10:00am-12:30pm (both days)   UHRE is an Agent’s of Change project and a KAHSSO chapter intending to help students in their journey to obtaining and excelling in research positions. If you’re a Faculty of Health student looking to learn more about research at York and outside of York, register for our upcoming summit!   Date: November 6th and 7th, 2021 Time: 10 AM – 12:30 PM (both days) Location: zoom link will be sent to registrants  Register Through: https://forms.gle/5cL51yEicN78oob86 Event Description: Join us to work through 5 modules of types of research, finding opportunities, research interviews, how to be successful in your research role, and a panel with Faculty of Health professors, alumni, and graduate students.    Follow us on Instagram @uhreyorku and @kahssoyu to stay tuned!   Please contact us at [log in to unmask] with any questions.]