CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
"Wotton, Dr. Kay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in International Development
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 11:38:00 PDT
Dear Rushidah -
Greetings! Nice to have some off-shore flavour in our network, although I
have to warn you, we are not a real chatty group!

This is also an area I am interested in.  I suspect there is a lot going on
out there and would be interested in what you find out.

Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine epidemiology programme has developed
a module on investigating meningitis.  It is written up in Med Ed journal Vol
27, p 91-93, 1993.  The computer interactive program can be obtained from
them by FTP (File Transfer Program).  They are also working on others, one of
health information, rapid appraaisal, questionnaire design, case control
studies nutritional surveillance, I think, but you could check with them.
They call it computer assisted learning (CAL) self teaching packages.  The
meningitis program uses Epi-Info and is real computer friendly. The
contact person is Mrs. WB Russell aka [log in to unmask]

There is also an American group interested in developing public health
courses and wants to contact others who are interested.  I don't
have their email address here but will get it and send it when I do.

Kay Wotton