From:
Alan McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:02:57 -0400
say emphatically yes. The group is very diverse in interests and
expertise, but I would say that workplace health promotion is one of many
topics that you can access. Personally, I have been working in workplace
health promotion for over two years now, mostly with Health Canada's
workplace Health System. I consulted with six workplaces in Windsor in
regard to wellness programs (20 employees to over 2,000) before leaving
for Hamilton. Here our Health Department is starting to plan for heart
health, which includes the workplace among many strategies. This planning
will take shape over the next year.

If you have any questions/thoughts about the workplace, just fire away! I
for one would be glad to share my experiences.

Regards,

AM

Alan J. McFarlane, Tobacco Use Prevention Promoter
Department of Public Health Services
25 Main St. W. Hamilton, ON . L8N 3P6
(905) 546-2549 ; (905) 528-2205 (Fax)