From:
Lawrence Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 22:54:20 -0700
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this exchange with others
concerned with health promotion. Good work, York U.  My name is Larry
Green. I'm a professor at Univ. of British Columbia and Director of the
UBC Institute of Health Promotion Research. We are up to our ears in
projects, mostly supported by grants and contracts. We have 16 PhD
students (correction, 15-- the first graduate successfully defended his
dissertation last month and will graduate May 28); 2 postdoctoral fellows
(one MRC & one NHRDP), 20 staff, 3 Visiting Scholars (currently one from
Japan, one from S.Korea, and one from Laval Univ. in Quebec). We hope you
will come to visit this summer in connection with the Canadian Public
Health Association meetings in Vancouver, or the International AIDS/HIV
conference. Our 3rd Annual Summer Institute on Health Promotion Planning
and Evaluation will be in June:

June 16-21, 1996

3rd UBC Summer Institute on Health Promotion Planning and Evaluation

Institute of Health Promotion Research, Univ. of British Columbia

UBC Campus, Vancouver, B.C., Canada

$330 for 3-day (Mon.-Wed.), or $500 for 5-day (Mon.-Fri.).
Software & manual, $200 optional.

For copy of brochure, registration or information:
Wood and Associates
#502, 1281 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3J7 Canada
Tel: 604-688-3787
Fax: 604-688-5749

Lawrence W. Green
Professor, Dept. of Health Care & Epidemiology, Fac. of Medicine
Director, Institute of Health Promotion Research, Fac.Grad.Studies
University of British Columbia
2206 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3  Canada