From:
Michel O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 15:18:26 -0300
Comme l'anglais est la langue quasi-incontournable du cyberespace..., let
us switch to English. First, many thanks to Alison and Liz, who presented
themselves earlier today, for putting together this list. There is a more
formal description of my academic interests further down. But for that, I
try to do what I preach in health promotion by being an enthusiastic biker
and by continuing to develop solid international friendships, notably
through the internet which I find an extraordinary tool. I have been an
e-mail addict for the past 8 years, and the explosion of new tools over the
last couple of years (especially Netscape) has addicted me even more. I
agree very much with Alison that we should keep asking wicked questions
about health promotion and about the internet; we began to do just that
together, in a paper on Healthy communities on the net.

Looking forward to more exchanges.

(The straight me down here)

Dr. Michel O'Neill is Professor in medical sociology, community health and
health promotion in the School of nursing of Laval University in Quebec
City. He is also codirector of the GRIPSUL (Groupe de recherche et
d'intervention en promotion de la sant=E9 de l'Universit=E9 Laval) and
codirector of the Quebec WHO collaborating center on the development of
Healthy cities and towns. Dr. O'Neill got his Ph.D.in sociology from Boston
University and has been involved in community health for about 20 years as
community health worker, professor, researcher, consultant and activist.
His long standing teaching and research interests pertain to the political
and policy dimensions of health promotion. He is co-editor of two book, has
published extensively in the scientific and professional literature and has
presented numerous papers in various scientific and professional meetings
in Quebec, Canada and abroad.

Bonne journee !

Michel O'Neill, Ph.D.

Professeur titulaire, Ecole des Sciences infirmieres;
co-directeur, GRIPSUL;
4108-J, Pavillon Paul-Comtois
Universite Laval, Quebec, Qc
Canada, G1K 7P4
Telephone: +(1)-418-656-7431 Telecopieur (fax): +(1)-418-656-7747
Internet: [log in to unmask]

Co-directeur, Centre collaborateur quebecois de l'OMS pour le developpememen=
de villes et villages en sante;
2400 D'Estimauville
Beauport, Qc
Canada, J3G 4M4
Telephone: +(1)-418-666-7000 #461 Telecopieur (fax): +(1)-418-666-2776
Internet: [log in to unmask]