SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Laura White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:31:17 -0400
Dear Members of the SDOH Listserv,

We are pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for Workshops and
Presentations for the 3rd Annual Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Student-Led Conference, "The Art of Public Health". The conference's focus
is on arts-based approaches to public health areas, including research,
knowledge translation, program planning and evaluation. The conference is
being organized by a multidisciplinary group of graduate students within the
University of Toronto's Dalla Lana School of Public Health. The conference
is set for Friday October 1st, 2010, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The "Art of Public Health" will feature an outstanding keynote address by
Dr. Sarah Flicker, and informative sessions aimed at engaging our
participants by providing an opportunity for dialogue and debate, as well as
hands-on learning and skill development pertaining to the area of arts in
the field of public health.

We are currently seeking submissions from interested students, community
organizations, practitioners, researchers and artists interested in sharing
their research, experience or expertise in the use of arts in public health.
Individuals or groups wanting to exhibit works of art, dance, theatre, film
or photography are also encouraged to participate.

If you are interested, please go to our website (
www.artofpublichealthconference.com) to download our Call for Proposals, as
well as submission instructions. Applications will be accepted until August
6th, 2010.

For more details, please visit the Art of Public Health website at
artofpublichealthconference.com (to be completed by the end of July!),
become a fan on Facebook (Art of Public Health), or follow us on Twitter!
(@ArtofPH). If you have any questions, please contact the conference
organizers at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to hearing from you! Please feel free to circulate widely,
and we offer our apologies for cross-posting.

Sincerely,

Laura White and Alison Crepinsek,

On behalf of "The Art of Public Health" Conference Planning Committee

"To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a
new angle, requires creative imagination..."

                                            -Albert Einstein

--
M. Public Health Candidate, Health Promotion
(c. 2011)