SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Farah Shroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2022 09:54:21 -0400
Dear SDOH Listserve

I hope you’re well.  I am the PI for a global health policy action study,
conducted by our organization, Maternal and Infant Health Canada.

I invite you to participate in a 6 week social media campaign that has
developed from our Covid Catalyst Study—a global health policy research
project to improve women’s health despite the setbacks of the pandemic; our
study regions include the USA, Canada, Egypt, India and elsewhere. One of
the findings was the importance of open dialog related to mental health. So
we are implementing one of our health policy recommendations. Madeson Todd,
a med student, is coordinating our campaign which ends the week of May 30.
I’d love it if you could take a few minutes and do an interview with her. You
can see the beginnings of this social media campaign here:

https://maa.med.ubc.ca/covid-catalyst-study/interviews/

You’ll see Madeson’s message and contact details below.

Warmly

farah

Dr Farah Shroff

Takemi Fellow in International Health

Harvard School of Public Health

Boston MA

Hello!

I am a first year medical student working on a project with Dr. Farah
Shroff, the Founder and Leader of Maternal Infant Health Canada (MIHCan).
MIHCan focusses on the improvement of health across the globe with an
emphasis on women and children’s’ health. They recently completed the COVID
Catalyst Study, which unwove the silver-linings of the pandemic with
regards to open dialogue about mental health across communities, cultures
and health fields, amongst other findings.

As an extension of the COVID Catalyst Study, I am coordinating a knowledge
translation study in partnership with Dr. Shroff and others at MIHCan to
create open dialogue about mental well-being and mental health topics with
the aim to reduce stigmas associated with regular conversation to mental
health. We are looking to find people who would like to be interviewed to
have an open dialogue about mental wellbeing, find strategies to reduce
stigma, share personal stories and to help enlighten a holistic approach to
mental wellness that can be disseminated to the broader community. If you
would like to participate or have any questions, please reach out to
[log in to unmask] We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Madeson Todd

Medical Student

University of British Columbia