SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Jaime Stief <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:42:21 +0000
Hi all,

I wanted to share some details about a webinar the Tamarack Institute is hosting tomorrow about operationalizing equity work at your organization. I have copied one of the key speakers for event, the Tamarack Institute's Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.

Webinar: A Roadmap to Move Equity-Related Talk to Equitable Action<https://events.tamarackcommunity.ca/a-roadmap-to-move-equity-related-talk-to-equitable-action>
[https://events.tamarackcommunity.ca/hubfs/Roadmap-to-Equity-webinar-promo-image-jpeg-high.jpg#keepProtocol]<https://events.tamarackcommunity.ca/a-roadmap-to-move-equity-related-talk-to-equitable-action>
WEBINAR | A Roadmap to Move Equity-Related Talk to Equitable Action<https://events.tamarackcommunity.ca/a-roadmap-to-move-equity-related-talk-to-equitable-action>
The webinar will feature a conversation about how you can operationalize your own commitments to equity work.
events.tamarackcommunity.ca

Date: March 28, 2024 | 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. (ET)

Speakers: Rochelle Ignacio<https://www.tamarackcommunity.ca/rochelle-ignacio> (Tamarack Institute), Ruth Nakalyowa (Power of Discourse Consulting<https://www.powerofdiscourse.com/>), Sunshine Chen<https://www.tamarackcommunity.ca/sunshine-chen> (Tamarack Institute) and Danya Pastuszek<https://www.tamarackcommunity.ca/danya-pastuszek> (Tamarack Institute)

Brief Description:
The webinar will feature presenters from the Tamarack staff team, Power of Discourse Consulting and the Tamarack Institute Advisory Board to discuss how you can operationalize your own commitments to equity work. It is part one of a two-part series – this part will describe the steps in our process and our early learnings; part two, later this year, will speak to what we learned and what actions we are taking as a result.

This webinar is meant for champions of equity, diversity, inclusion, justice and reconciliation who are ready to lead this journey on behalf of their organizations and community initiatives.

Thank you all, and I hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Best,

Jaime Stief (she/elle)

Community Animator, Digital
Animatrice communautaire, Communication numérique

Tamarack Institute<http://www.tamarackcommunity.ca/> / Institut Tamarack<http://www.tamarackcommunity.ca/fr>
Cell: 226-929-7172

[signature_1920303831]<http://tamarackcommunity.ca/> [signature_388161012] <https://twitter.com/Tamarack_Inst>  [signature_819864696] <https://www.facebook.com/TamarackInstitute/>  [signature_1164264456] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/tamarack-institute-for-community-engagement/>  [signature_373825090] <https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTamarackInstitute>

I work in Waterloo, Ontario, on the Haldimand Tract, the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishnaabeg and Haudenosauonee Peoples.

Je travaille à Waterloo (Ont.), sur la concession de Haldimand, qui se trouve sur le territoire traditionnel des peuples attawandaron (Neutres), anishinabé et haudenosaunee.