SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Andrew Pleasant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 13:57:50 -0700
Note: Apologies for any redundancies - joy of an anonymous survey and
snowball sampling. As a researcher and health, science and medical
communicator yourself, I am sure you understand the critical importance of
both sample size and, in this case, global diversity. Thus, I would be
indebted indeed if, in particular, you could help me out by a. responding
to the questions if you have not already done so and as importantly b.
sending the request below to your email and other networks. This is only 10
questions and is only taking people between 3 - 4 minutes to respond on
average. Interesting findings are indeed beginning to emerge. Thank you!!!

-----

Dear friend ....

I am hoping to take a quick snapshot of health literacy around the world -
and I need your help to accomplish this task.

Below is a link to 10 very short and easy-to-answer questions - a very
short survey - on SurveyMonkey. Responding shouldn't take more than a few
minutes (3-4 on average) of your time but in the aggregate I believe will
produce an actionable and meaningful understanding.

These questions are intended for people/organizations around the world that
are actively working on health literacy issues in communities or clinics or
hospitals or states and nations and/or actively conducting health literacy
research and/or projects with people in any context.

I will be in your debt if you could help me by doing just two things
that should not take up your time.
1. Respond to the questions - anonymously - yourself.
2. Share this email and the link with your entire network of health
literacy professionals.

Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VXPZJPL

If you have any questions or concerns about this effort, please contact me
directly.

Best wishes as always,

Andrew Pleasant, Ph.D.