SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Rahim Thawer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2022 15:55:01 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anu Radha Verma <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM
Subject: Today's (Sept 20) the last day to participate in Our Health:
Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Study

Greetings,

*apologies for cross-posting! feel free to share!*

*Today (Sept 20th) is the last day to participate in Our Health:
Canada-Wide 2SLGBTQQIA+ Community Study. *This work is the result of a
collaboration of CBRC, Egale Canada, The Enchanté Network and 2 Spirits in
Motion Society, and we are looking at the current state of health among
people in our communities. We especially want to hear from community
members who are living with chronic health conditions. We are using an
expansive understanding of chronic health, to ensure that people living
with conditions that are under-represented or less understood can feel
included in this work. Living with chronic pain? A cancer survivor? Have a
mental health condition? We want to hear from you.

In addition to the survey, we want to know how many 2SLGBTQQIA+  people in
Canada contracted COVID-19. Participants have the option of taking a
COVID-19 antibody test that we will mail to your home or any address of
your choosing. It’s a quick and simple finger prick test where you provide
a few drops of blood and then mail the sample back to us (in a pre-paid
envelope that we will provide to you). We want you to take the test
regardless of whether or not you were diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been
vaccinated.

*To participate, and to learn more, visit:*
*https://www.cbrc.net/our_health *
<https://www.cbrc.net/our_health>

All participants will receive a small *honorarium* (paid by CBRC through a
platform called Plooto). If you participate in the DBS portion, you'll
receive an *additional honorarium*.

It's been an honour to work on this project as part of my work at CBRC -
thank you so much for receiving this, and for your support!

with care,

--

*Anu Radha Verma*

Pronouns*: she/her*

Learn how to pronounce my name <https://namedrop.io/anuradhaverma1>

*Research Manager, 2SLGBTQQIA+ Chronic Health*

*Community-Based Research Centre (CBRC)*

www.cbrc.net | 252A Carlton Street, 3rd Flr Toronto, ON M5A 2L1
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/252A+Carlton+Street,+3rd+Flr+Toronto,+ON+M5A+2L1?entry=gmail&source=g>

*Find us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/theCBRC/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/thecbrc> - Twitter
<https://twitter.com/CBRCtweets> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/thecbrc>*

* <https://www.cbrc.net/cbrc_turns_20>*

<https://uvicresearch.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0uOKwKMkDgCpNcy?Source=Signature>

*~ *
*Respectfully acknowledging that CBRC is privileged to work on the
traditional unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and
Tsleil-Waututh peoples, and that our work extends beyond the lands of these
nations. *

*I work, organize, love and struggle on the Treaty and Traditional
Territories of the Mississaugas of the Credit. The areas currently known as
Toronto and Peel are traditional Haundenosaunee, Anishnaabeg, Huron-Wendat
and Chippewa lands. Treaties 13, 14, 19, 22 and 23 are those I have a
responsibility to, but as a settler born here to immigrant parents (who
arrived by choice), challenging settler colonialism means more than naming
or knowing - my work at CBRC, and beyond it, centers honouring Indigenous
sovereignty on this territory and beyond. *

--- Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are
confidential and subject to copyright. They are intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s) and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

--- Avis de confidentialité : Ce message et toute pièce jointe sont
confidentiels et assujettis au droit d’auteur. Il est de l’usage exclusif
du ou des destinataire(s) visé(s) et peuvent être confidentiels. Si vous
n’êtes pas le(s) destinataire(s) visé(s), nous attirons votre attention sur
le fait qu’il est strictement interdit d’utiliser cette information, de la
transmettre, de l’imprimer sur papier, de la copier, de la distribuer ou de
la diffuser. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé, veuillez en aviser
immédiatement l’expéditeur par courriel électronique et détruire ce message
et toute copie de celui-ci.
--

Rahim Thawer
affectiveconsult.ca