SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Rahim Thawer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 12:51:27 -0400
FYI

Rahim Thawer
affectiveconsult.ca

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Joshua Kinitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 12:38
Subject: Invitation to Community Event (virtual or in-person) on 2SLGBTQ+
Poverty and Employment
To: David Joshua Kinitz <[log in to unmask]>
CC: David Kinitz <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

I am writing to you on behalf of myself and the Re:searching for 2SLGBTQ+
Health team from the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University
of Toronto. I am reaching out because in the past couple of years, we were
in touch with you about our studies "Foundational and transferable skills
of 2SLGBTQ+ people in Canada," and/or "Stories of low-wage and precarious
employment among gay, bisexual, and queer men in Toronto," led by Drs. Lori
Ross and David Kinitz. We are happy to report that we have some findings
from these studies and are continuing to work on various outputs (lunch and
learns for service providers, academic articles, fact sheets for policy
makers and service providers, etc.)

We are excited to share with you the community launch of several research
studies on 2SLGBTQ+ poverty and employment. We will be sharing the results
of "Stories of low-wage and precarious employment" and our "Pride &
Poverty" research project, and announcing the launch of a new Canada-wide
study on 2SLGBTQ+ poverty. The event is on November 8th and for those of
you who can join in-person in Toronto, there will be refreshments! More
information in the flyer attached.

Online registration:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/online-2slgbtq-poverty-employment-research-community-launch-tickets-733608943097?aff=oddtdtcreator

In-person registration:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2slgbtq-poverty-employment-research-community-launch-tickets-733578863127?aff=oddtdtcreator

In case you can't make it for the event, our resources developed from our
research in this area are available online (note that for the precarious
employment study, more resources will be added in the coming year, so
please bookmark this page!).

You can find the results of our Pride & Poverty study, including a
community report and a zine, here:
 https://www.lgbtqhealth.ca/projects/experienceswithsocialassistance.php
<https://www.lgbtqhealth.ca/projects/experienceswithsocialassistance.php>
You can find the results of the precarious employment study here:
 https://www.lgbtqhealth.ca/projects/pathwaysprecariousemployment.php
<https://www.lgbtqhealth.ca/projects/pathwaysprecariousemployment.php>
You can find the results of our research on foundational and transferable
skills among 2SLGBTQ+ people here:
https://lgbtqhealth.ca/projects/foundationaltransferableskills.php

We hope to see you there!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions,

David

*David J. Kinitz**, PhD, MSW* | *(he/him) *

Postdoctoral Scholar | The PRIDE Study <https://pridestudy.org/>

Stanford University School of Medicine

e:  [log in to unmask]

(formerly affiliated with the University of Toronto)