SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Jessica Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2019 18:33:31 +0000
Our organization is hoping to do a better job of engaging people with lived experience. One of the pieces we're talking about is paying people a living wage honourarium for their time (sitting at a committee table, assisting with event planning/organizing, etc).

Has anyone developed a policy on paying people with lived experience a living wage honourarium, or developed any policies/ guidelines on work related to this? We'd like to get away from using gift cards as incentives and provide people with a cheque for real money.
Thanks in advance,

Jessica Love, RD | Public Health Dietitian | Healthy Living Team | Pronouns: she/her
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
345 Oak Street West | North Bay, Ontario P1B 2T2 | Canada
* 705.474.1400 ext 5287 | * [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ü http://www.myhealthunit.ca<http://www.myhealthunit.ca/>

This message, including any attachments, is privileged and intended only for the person(s) named above. This material may contain confidential or personal information subject to the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by telephone, fax or e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you (v2)