From:
[log in to unmask] (Adam McHugh)
Date:

   I'm searching for three good definitions of technology in the economics
   literature, preferably by prominent economists: (a) one that matches the
   standard  textbook  approach that technology represents the production
   possibilities of factor substitution; (b) one that, in this way, sees nature
   as imposing technological constraints on production; and (c) one that sees
   technological progress as an augmentation of factor  sustitution
   possibilities (as popularised by Solow, etc.).

   Even better would be if someone could point me towards the origins of any of
   these three (related) ideas.

   Many thanks in advance

   Adam McHugh