Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:53:19 +0300
Dear list members,

I am setting up a new course on research ethics in economics. My intention is to teach undergraduate economics
students on plagiarism, scientific misconduct, fraud, and other related issues in scientific research. I have
been searching the Internet since last week, hoping to find similar syllabi on the subject. I have found many
courses designed for students of biological sciences and media studies. However, Google Search tells me that
there is only one economics course on this subject, which is in Princeton by Anne C. Case and Stephen E. Morris,
entitled “Responsible Conduct of Research in Economics.” I used other keywords, such as “scientific misconduct
in economics research” and “ethical issues in economics”; the results did not change.

I thought I must be doing something wrong. I therefore would like to ask:  Does anybody know any course,
graduate or undergraduate, on research ethics in economics?

Best wishes,

Altug Yalcintas, Ankara University