From:
"E. Roy Weintraub" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:55:51 -0500
Gaffney wrote:
“Autistic economics has been popular in France, although sensitive and
humanitarian souls take offense at its disrespect for the innocent
victims of autism.
I myself would like something with a slightly pejorative overtone
indicating subservience to vested property owners.”

Mitra-Kahn wrote:
“On the topic of post-autistic economics, I did a very brief history /
commentary on a recent swing towards the more PC 'real world
economics' label that has been applied to it.
Thought I would share. http://www.paecon.net/PAEReview/issue47/MitraKahn47.pdf”

Dear Mason Gaffney, and others commenting on this thread: I am neither
a sensitive nor humanitarian soul  (which it appears that you think
are terms of derision), but as the grandfather of an autistic boy, I
am more than offended at this language. This is hardly a “PC” matter.
Be careful. Roy Weintraub

--
E. Roy Weintraub
Professor of Economics