Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:51:53 -0500
Just a quick note that at my campus, University of Maryland, Baltimore
County the course schedule for Spring of 2011 lists Math 432 "History of
Mathematics" on offer as an upper level math course. It has Math analysis
as a prereq. and it is being taught be a senior professor in the math
department. I would have to check further on physics course offerings, but
I do know there are faculty on UMBC's physics faculty with serious
interests in the history of physics.

I would like to hear what others say on the difference between history of
economics and history of economic thought. My own crude take would be that
history of economics tends to include the history of "tools" in economics
such as econometrics while history of economic thought focuses on economic
"doctrine."

David Mitch