From:
"Medema, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:06:20 -0400
The first draft of the preliminary program for the 2009 History of
Economics Society Conference has been posted on the conference
website,
<http://www.hes-conference2009.com/>http://www.hes-conference2009.com/.

In determining chairs and discussants for the sessions in which the
organizers have not settled this already, we will follow the process
used by HES President Avi Cohen at last year's conference. Many of
you have shared the frustration at conferences of not being able to
attend sessions in which you are interested, because harried
conference organizers (always!) have unknowingly scheduled you as
discussants or chairs at competing sessions. In an attempt to enhance
your conference experience, I am asking for you to suggest up to 2
papers you would be interesting in discussing, and up to 2 sessions
you would be willing to chair. We will do our best to match
preferences and assignments, and hopefully have more of you at the
sessions in which you are most interested. Please respond (again to
<[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]) by May 5.
Preference-matching will only go so far, so we thank you in advance
for taking on whatever roles you are ultimately assigned.

If you have not yet registered for the conference, please bear in
mind that the deadline for discounted rates on registration is May
15, so be sure to complete your registration before then. A link to
the online registration material can be found on the conference
website
(<http://www.hes-conference2009.com/>http://www.hes-conference2009.com/).

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me
(<[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]) if you have any
questions about the conference.

Best wishes,

Steve Medema
President-Elect, History of Economics Society
2009 HES Conference Organizer