From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
It occured to me recently that some members of HES might be able to help
me with a problem I'm having in finalizing material for the bibliography
of Frank Knight's work.

I'm having trouble tracking down the bibliographic info on the Italian,
Japanese, and Spanish translations of Knight's *Risk, Uncertainty, and
Profit.*  I have some of the biblio. data, but want to double-check it,
and fill in what I don't have.  Unfortunately, the National Union Catalog
indicates that none of these translations exist in North America. I need
all the regular biblio info: title, publisher and place, date, name of translator,
any reprints, etc.  I also would like to know whether the translation
includes any of the prefaces Knight wrote for reprint editions in 1933,
1940, 1948, and 1957.  If the translations are based on the LSE reprint
series text, it is possible they include at least the 1933 and 1940
prefaces.  (If there are translations of the prefaces, could I get
separate biblio info on them -- page numbers and titles primarily?).

Finally, somewhere I came across an indication that one of these
translations includes a bibliographic update on Knight's work.  I'd love
to get a copy of it! (I'll pay).

It's a lot to ask, I know, but I'd appreciate whatever info I can get.

Thanks.

Ross

Ross B. Emmett, Augustana University College, Camrose, Alberta
CANADA   T4V 2R3   voice: (403) 679-1517   fax: (403) 679-1129
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]