From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
I expect some members of HES could easily make some nominations for this
prize!!

Ross

NOTICE:

THE PUBLIC HISTORIAN's annual prize contest for the best use
and/or worst misuse of history in. U.S. public policymaking in
1995 is approaching the end of the competition for this epochal
year. (For the winners in 1994 and the rules of the contest,
see THE PUBLIC HISTORIAN, Spring 1995 issue.)

The editors solicit nominations from all historians (and others)
who have been struck by the wisdom, or the foolishness, of history-
uses to justify, explain, or formulate public policy at any level of
U.S. government in 1995.  Please send documentation illuminating
the policy setting and the use of history in a given situation.

The 1995 contest closes on 15 December.  We hope for a bipartisan
basket of nominations, so that President Clinton will not necessarily
dominate the scene, as he (and Hillary Rodham Clinton) did in
1994.  Hasn't New used, or misused, history?  To your
dis/pleasure?

NOMINATIONS AND INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:

        Otis L. Graham, Jr., Editor
                or Lindsey Reed, Managing Editor
        THE PUBLIC HISTORIAN
        University of California, Santa Barbara