From:
[log in to unmask] (Yukihiro Ikeda)
Date:
Wed Oct 4 11:25:54 2006
Dear all,

Perhaps as a shameless plug, allow me refer to my
own papers:

Yukihiro Ikeda,Roscher's Grundlagen in the History of Economic Thought,
Journal of Economic Studies, vol. 22, No. 3/4/5, 1995.
Yukihiro Ikeda, Carl Menger in the 1860s: Menger on Roscher's
Grundlagen in Gerrit Meijer ed. New Perspectives on Austrian
Economics, Routledge, 1995.

Obviously Menger was deeply involved in Roscherian tradition.
His Grundlagen was one of the most important sources in the formation of
Menger's Grundsaetze, as I have shown in the above paper in the
Routledge volume.

But the relevance of Roscherian economics for Hayek--if any--is
still an open question to my knowledge.

Cheers.

Yukihiro Ikeda