From:
Yukihiro Ikeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:05:58 +0900
Dear all,

Allow me to mention my own paper on Menger's monetary theory.
But the paper does not include any arguments of languages from the
following reason:

Yukihiro Ikeda: "Carl Menger’s Monetary Theory: A Revisionist View", European Journal of
History of Economic Thought, vol. 15, no. 13, 2008.

Menger does refer to languages as one of the examples of the
"spontaneous order" in the Hayekian termonology, but he does not seem
to go beyond that.
One does not find any detailed analytical discourses on
languages in Menger.

See: C. Menger, Investigations into the Method of the Social Sciences,
translated by F. J. Nock, Libertarian Press, Inc. Grove City, PA, 1996.

Cheers,

Yukihiro Ikeda

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:04:21 +0100
Alain Alcouffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
> during the last decades several scholars have published surveys of an
> emerging field (economics of language). Most of them consider Marschak's
> 1965 paper as the starting point of the field. Nevertheless to take only
> two examples some developpements are to be found in Turgot,  Smith's WN
> and Menger.  Is anybody aware of studies of an history of the topic
> before 1965? (concerning Menger, I did not find many secondary
> literature except  a 1992 paper by Hodgson.
> Thanks for any tips

Yukihiro Ikeda
Department of Economics
Keio University