Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 12:20:25 -0800
I believe that  the consensus view among students of long term  growth is
that the period 1945 - 70 was the exceptional period and subsequent
experience is closer to the long term experience since the beginning of the
Industrial R Revolution in the late 18th century.
Certainly the present experience has little to do with Keynes' worry about
the onset of a stationary state which was to occur because of a drying up of
new investment opportunities. The continued development of new technologies
has implied no such drying up, although the effects of the latest wave of
new innovations are quite different on the nature of employment, the
distribution of income and other economic variables than growth experiences
of the recent past.

Richard Lipsey