Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:02:45 +0100
As noted, a strong discrimination towards our field is sistematically
being pursued in most of our University Departments (one of the tools is
exactly the making of lists where history-of-economics-journals are at the
margins, which means that no research funds are distributed and that
recruitment of young scholars is harder and harder), the autonomous status
of the discipline will be cancelled out in the next few months, etc.
Maybe this is a good chance to explain to the whole SHOE community, in a
much more authoritative way than I myself would be able to do, what are
the (doom) perspectives and (worsening) position of the history of
economics in Italy.
Fabio Masini

--
Fabio Masini
Department of Public Institutions, Economics and Society