From:
"Womack, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:23:07 +0000
The Gide article is in the EJ, VIII, 32 (December 1898), 490-511; the word "Neo-liberal" is on p. 494.
Ngram indicates a first usage around 1806-07, but I can't figure out how to get the text on the screen.
Remember, however, this is ONLY English. I have no idea who was more prone to neo-logizing, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, or others interested in "economics."